2013 Conference Proceedings
2013 Conference Sponsors
On March 2, 2013 at the College of Holy Cross in Worcester, 750 people participated in MACCís 42nd Annual Environmental Conference--the largest annual environmental conference in New England. 56% of Conservation Commissions across the Commonwealth were represented! The day included a keynote address by Fish & Game Commissioner Mary Griffin who spoke of Challenges to Native Biodiversity and New Conservation Tools to Address Them. There were 46 exhibits ranging from state and federal agencies to nonprofit organizations and environmental consulting firms. All eight units of MACCís certificate training program, Fundamentals for Conservation Commissioners, were offered along with 27 workshops that inspired and educated hundreds involved in resource protection throughout the region. Three very deserving individuals received Environmental Service Awards: Margaret D. Arguimbau (Sharon) for Lifetime Achievement in Conservation; Lisa Rhodes (MassDEP-Boston) for Outstanding Public Service; and Joyce Eichacker (Warren) for Conservation Commissioner of the Year. The end of the day was replete with a Presidentís reception, appetizers and the raffle for an iPad Mini and Mass Audubon Family Membership. MACC is grateful to our conference sponsors - listed here - whose support helped to make the event successful.
One participant commented:
“I was thrilled with everything I saw...great line up of people – always so rewarding. I cannot recommend this conference highly enough to most people I meet – top notch”.
|8:00 – 8:30
||Registration, Exhibit Hall Opens
|8:30 – 9:30
||Opening Session; Annual Business Meeting; Speakers; Awards
|9:45 – 12:15
|| Fundamentals Units 1, 2, 5, and 7
|9:45 – 12:30
||Workshop Series A and B
|11:15 – 2:30
||Lunch served in Kimball Hall
|1:30 – 4:00
||Fundamentals Units 3, 4, 6, and 8
|1:45 – 4:30
||Workshop Series C and D
|4:30 – 5:15
||President’s Reception and Raffle
2013 Conference Exhibitors
- Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Agresource, Inc.
- Antioch University New England
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- Bay State Forestry Service
- Colonial Seed Company
- Comprehensive Environmental Inc.
- Division of Ecological Restoration, Dept. of Fish & Game
- E. J. Prescott, Inc.
- Ecological Landscaping Association
- Epsilon Associates Inc.
- Filterra Bioretention Systems
- Filtrexx Northeast Systems
- Groundscapes Express, Inc.
- Hancock Associates
- Horsley Witten Group
- Hydro International
- Hydrograss Technologies, Inc.
- International Erosion Control Association Northeast Chapter
- LEC Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Lucas Environmental, LLC
- Mass Dept. of Agricultural Resources
- Mass DOT - Environmental Section
- Mass DOT - Highway Division
- Massachusetts Audubon Society
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust
- Mass DEP
- Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program
- New England Environmental, Inc.
- New England Wetland Plants, Inc.
- Norfolk Ram Group
- Northeast Forest & Fire Management, LLC
- Oxbow Associates, Inc.
- Pavers By Ideal
- Rinker Materials - Stormceptor
- Septic and Sewer Supplies, Inc.
- StormWater Compliance, LLC
- Stormwater USA, LLC
- Sudbury Nurseries West, LLC
- The Conway School Graduate Program in
Sustainable Landscape Planning + Design
- Tighe & Bond, Inc.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Vernal Pool Association